The UPS2 is the ideal product for the replacement of small heating circulator designs which are currently installed in heating systems with limited space and which do not meet the current efficiency levels as stipulated under the EuP directive.
The UPS2 is fitted with modern motor technology and electronic control which enables it to meet an EEI value greater than or equal to 0.23. The UPS2 is designed therefore to meet the efficiency levels as stipulated in the EuP directive for both 2013 and also for the future requirement in 2015.
The UPS2 has been designed to fit into a location where a Grundfos UPS15-50 or UPS15-60 model is currently located.
The UPS2 can also be delivered as a pump head only. This allows an installer the option to change a pump where it is too difficult to remove the complete unit from the system.
Features and benefits
- Three Pumps in One - The UPS2 can be set to meet the requirements of a UPS15 model designed for either 4m, 5m or 6m performance. In addition there are three choices of proportional pressure control that can also be selected.
- Control Box - The control box of the UPS2 can be mounted to the left, right or to the top.
- Cable Gland - The cable gland of the UPS2 is the same design as that used on both the UPS15-50 and UPS15-60 circulators. This minimises time taken on changeover.
- Pump Head - Where the existing pump base is in good condition a pump head option can be chosen in order to minimise installation time by replacing the pump head only.
- Dimensions - The UPS2 is almost identical in overall dimensions to the UPS15-50/UPS15-60 models.
- Deblocking - In older pump systems it may occasionally be necessary to manually free the pump shaft if it becomes blocked in operation. The UPS2 is fitted with a screw which allows access to the pump shaft so that it is easier to deblock the pump once installed.