Grundfos S wastewater pumps must be disposed according to local regulations by using a public or private waste collection service. If this is not possible, contact the nearest Grundfos company or service workshop.
- Safety related to materials used
There is no risk to people during the disassembly process posed by the materials used in the product.
- Safety related to environment
- S pumps contain oil, type Shell Ondina 919. This paraffinic white mineral oil must be disposed according to local legislation via a public or private waste collection service. The volume of oil varies from 0.50 to 80 liters depending on pump size.
- Safety related to handling the product
Care should be taken:
a) To ensure that the pump and the pump parts are washed in the best possible way before disassembly.
Note: If the pump has been pumping a liquid which is injurious to health or toxic it may be classified as a contaminated item and handled as such
b) Due to the weight of the pump.
Disassembly of the Product
The main materials of the components are:
- Cast iron
- Polymers/Composite materials.
The materials used can be recycled to a large extent – depending on the national possibilities for recycling.
The pump is assembled by using screws and bolts and can be disassembled with standard tools. There are no loose parts inside the motor.
|Pos. no.||Material||Special disassembly considerations|
|3||Carbon steel/stainless steel|
The rubber outside the copper wires in the cable must be removed from the copper and disposed in an environmentally sound way.
The stator is heat-shrink fitted into the stator housing.
|Additional materials:||Screws, nameplate, bearings, washers, etc. are made of stainless steel|